Top Golf Courses
- We recommend visit Algarve
Improve Your Game
The Most Effective Golf Long Game Club Selection Strategy
Amateurs usually have no idea about how to select the most suitable golf club before hitting the shot. They hit the ball in a confused way if they are not sure about the club they are using. There are different distances and for every distance, there is a different club. It is really very important for all the golfers to choose their club very wisely as the result depends upon this very step. For that, here are a few tips that can improve your club selection skills.
- For a very long range shot like 230 yards, you should use a Driver Club. Driver club helps the ball cover both distance and height. The shot resulted is aerial. Usually first shot is played by this club.
- For a distance of the range like 215 yards, the suggested club is 3 wood club as it is hard and firm and the shot resulted is quick and powerful.
- For a range like 195 yards, you should use a 5 wood club which is suitable for long range of this type.
- There are a few ranges which are unusual and are caused by a sloppy first shot which causes the ball to cover less distance. Or sometimes, it is designed by the Architects in this manner. Usually these abnormal shots are hit using a Hybrid club which is specially designed for such shots. The distance range for such long shots is 188 years.
- As the distance increases, the club numbers keeps on decreasing. For a distance like 170 yards, iron club is used instead of the firm wood club. Iron club gives more flexibility and helps the ball in travelling a good distance quite easily. The club number used for such range shots is 4 iron club.
- When the range decreases to 160 yards, Pros prefer using a 5 Iron club.
- For a range like 150 yards, the club size keeps on decreasing and reaches 6 Iron club and this is the size usually selected by Professional Golfers as it gives them good accuracy with a considerable distance travel.
- 7 iron club is used when the shot range is 140 yards. It is a medium range shot.
- Moving down the order, for 130 yards, 8 Iron club is used which is more accurate when compared to 7 iron but helps the ball in travelling a lesser distance, comparatively. After this range, the distance is considered as a short range.
No more hesitation on where to go next time I want to play golf. I plan my vacations with the stone-like confidence that I go to the best golf link possible. Thanks for teaching me the art of the right choices!