Top Golf Courses
Improve Your Game
Things To Remember Before Booking Golf In Portugal
Portugal is a paradise for sports lovers. Traditional sports, water sports, and adventures sports attract a huge number of tourists from around the world. Moreover, there are other tourist attractions as well. Even though there is so much to see and do in Portugal, the majority of tourists visit this wonderful country for one reason and one reason only – to play golf. Golf holidaymakers will have a tough time booking golf in Portugal. Hence, to help them we’re sharing a list of things to remember before booking.
- The first thing to decide is the location you’re planning to visit. Portugal has many golf regions; the Algarve being the most popular one. There are other frequently visited regions too. The Lisbon region and Madeira Islands are equally well-known for golf. Check out the benefits of each region before moving to the next step.
- Next, answer the question – what kind of golf course I want to play? Links, Parkland, cliff top, mountain terrain courses are all part of the wonderful Portugal landscape. Furthermore, there are no surprises in Portugal. The majority of clubs here publish the layout of the golf courses online. Prior to booking golf in Portugal, you can select a few golf courses and check out the layout and features of each course.
- When is the best time to play? The ideal weather condition for golf changes from region to region. Each golf course has its own busy and free months. Conduct research to find out the ideal season to visit Portugal. Learn about the best month, day, and hour to play on each golf course.
- Golf is a gentleman’s game, so there are certain basic rules and etiquettes that every player needs to follow. Even though there are certain standard rules that are adopted by all courses, each of them has a few of their own that the guests need to adhere to. ‘Read one and you know all’ is not going to work in this case. Before booking golf take some time to read the rules and etiquette of the golf course.
- The most important advice we would want to give is that you need to be thorough in your research. Find out the fee structures of the courses, the seasonal rates, and the various packages for kids, solo travelers, couples, and group golfers. Those who frequently visit Portugal can also look up the various membership options. Gather all the necessary information, apply your mind, and then take the final decision.